It is a known fact that the summer is officially over. That also is the same as the RV season. Although there are still RV owners who continually hitting the highways the entire fall and winter, some are still getting their RV’s ready to hibernate over the cold months.
RV winterizing Canada is an essential step to keeping your RV functional the entire year. Just remember that the winters in Canada are difficult on most vehicles. That is why you need to take it seriously. Below are a few of the tips and tricks to follow to winterize your RV.
1. be sure to read on the owner’s manual before finally starting in. Just remember that not all of the recreational vehicles are the same.
2. Begin the winterization process is when you’re on your way home from the last camping trip planned of the season.
3. Look for the sewer dump of the campground. Drain all of the holding tanks.
4. Drain and then, flush the tank containing the freshwater. The same should be done with the black water holding tank and gray water holding tank. If there be low-point lines below the RV, open the cold and hot faucets. Include the shower and flush the toilet. Uncap all possible low-point lines. When the recap is drained completely, the low-point will eventually line and shut all of the faucets.
5. Drain the tank containing a hot water. Turn on the faucet emitting hot water. The air will often equalize the pressure. It will push to finally drain the tank. After it is drained, turn off the hot water faucet.
6. Screw the compressed air adapter right through the freshwater inlet. Secondly, open the shower and all the faucets one at a time. Flush the toilet as well.
7. Put the hot water tank when you’re already equipped. Place in it such a bypass position. Remove the plug from the hot water tank. Give the air compressor a time to do the blowing of the remaining water from the lines. Put the drain plug back on.
8. Make it sure you make use of the RV antifreeze. Buy RV antifreeze. Use the freshwater pump including a vinyl hose. Pump antifreeze right through the plumbing. Turn the pump on.
9. Open the cold water side of the fixtures. Wait for antifreeze coming out from the faucets. Next is to turn them off. Repeat the process for the hot waterside.
10. Do the flushing of the toilet. That is also until antifreeze has already started filling the bowl. Pour 1/2 gallon of antifreeze exactly down the toilet. This will do the winterizing of the black tank.
11. Pour antifreeze down the shower or tub drains and also the sinks. Make use only enough to fill the gray water tank. Fill it with 1/2 gallon of antifreeze.
Inspection of the RV for the Winter Storage
There are so many things you need to consider when inspecting the RV for the winter storage. Firstly, wash the RV beginning from the top until the bottom. The RV has also done more throughout the year. It also may have collected more mildew and dirt. Before you settle it in for the winter, follow some thorough cleaning. Secondly, look for possible holes or cracks on the outside as you go wash the RV. Look for reptiles, insects, and mice that could fit well into it.
Now if you find a hole or a crack, fill it. You also would not want a new family of these pests moving into your RV. Finally, make sure that the fridge of the RV is emptied. Defrost the freezer as needed. Clean out the cabinets containing anything from perishable or anything that freeze. You will be surprised that the rodents consider things appealing to them.
Other Considerations for the RV Winterizing Canada
Below are the many things that RV winterizing Canada can help you with.
With the cold weather, it can surely bring damage to the tires with no preventative action. The removal of weight from the inside of the RV, proper inflation, and the lifting of it for a greater weight reduction help mitigate all negative effects. RV winterizing Canada will make it sure that the tires are ready for the spring season.
The little critters of nature are just definitely so good. It is just that the nature is the best place for them. They are not great to look at your RV. The proper sealing of the camper will help avoid them from entering. They won’t get rid of all the trash and the food. You only need to enter the RV when it already is springtime.
It will never be a good idea leaving the battery out in the cold season. This is because it might get freezing if you discharge it too much. Try make it sure that the battery remains properly charged. Better to remove the battery. And keep it in a separate place.
As the water freezes and finally turns into ice, it then expands. If you will leave the water in the pipes of the RV during the winter season, it then freezes. You now may be expecting a big trouble. Just also imagine the costly repairs you need to face. That is why it is essential to go through the proper draining of the fluids. Use the special RV antifreeze as needed.
So, what else are you waiting for? Consider these RV winterizing Canada tips today. You will for sure be prepared for the spring season a lot easier and better!